If you are looking for the ultimate adventure, the experience that you will remember forever, a rush beyond imagination, a skydive in Mossel Bay might be for you.
Extreme sports and experiences are popular all over the world with many people. There is a long list of different experiences or hobbies that will make your adrenaline rush through your veins until you feel more alive than you ever have before. Some of these experiences include:
- Kite surfing
- Bungee jumping
- Zip lining
- Gorge swinging
- Cliff jumping
- Cage diving with sharks
- Sky diving
There are other, slightly less frightening things that will still give you that rush. They include:
- Rock climbing
- Water skiing
There are, of course, many other sports and experiences which fit into the above two categories.
Why sky diving?
Sky diving is without a doubt one of the most terrifying and exciting experiences you can have. To jump off a high object is very frightening as it goes against our self preservation instinct. However, in other activities where jumping is necessary, like bungee jumping, zip lining or gorge swinging, you usually have a rope attached to you or you are swinging or zip lining along one. With a rope and a harness attached, you feel much safer. This is why sky diving is the ultimate jumping experience. You have no rope attached and you have to pull up your parachute when the time is right and then land safely, without anybody’s help. Also, the jump is much, much higher in sky diving than in any other jumping activities. An aeroplane or helicopter will take you up into the sky, often above the clouds, and you will have to squash all your instincts and just jump.
You will free fall for some time and when you are a certain distance from the ground you will have to pull your parachute cord and then steer yourself to a good landing spot. It is an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
Sky diving with an experienced professional
You will not sky dive alone on your first few times. Generally, a professional sky diver who has been trained and has a lot of experience will strap you to their harness and you will jump together. This is great in many ways.
- Firstly, you will have the reassurance of knowing that you are in good hands. If you were too scared, you might not give yourself the headspace to enjoy the experience which would be a waste.
- Secondly, the professional will make sure that the two of you do jump. If you were going it alone, the challenge might prove too frightening and you may change your mind at the last moment.
- Thirdly, the professional will know exactly when the right time to pull the cord is and he or she will take care of the parachute. Not being sure that you will know when to pull your cord can be terrifying when you are flying towards the ground at great speed.
- Lastly, the professional sky diver will steer you both towards a good landing spot and help you land safely.
What can go wrong?
It is unlikely that something will go wrong if you are using a reputable sky diving provider. However, there have been known to be some serious mishaps. Knowing what they are and making sure to ask your sky diving instructor how to avoid them is a good way to prepare yourself.
- Parachute does not open
There are cases where parachutes do not open even when the sky diver pulls the cord to release it. This is often due to a fault within the packing of the parachute. It should only be done by a trained professional so ensure that no mishaps occur.
- The landing goes wrong
There are also cases of sky divers landing badly because of weather or other conditions. Landing badly can lead to injury.
These and other mishaps can be avoided if you take every precaution by:
- Choosing a reputable sky diving provider
- Asking the relevant questions after doing your research
- Making sure you are fully prepared for the experience
Why Mossel Bay?
Mossel Bay is a beautiful town just outside of the city of Cape Town. Sky diving here is an amazing experience because of the beautiful scenery and gorgeous weather. It is imperative to choose a good place to enjoy this amazing experience. A skydive in Mossel Bay will undoubtedly be one of the most thrilling experiences of your life.